Egg Foo Young (egg fooyung, egg foo yong, egg foo yung, or egg fu yung) is an omelette dish. You can find it in different cuisines such as Chinese, Indonesian, British and Chinese American. It can be found in every Chinese restaurant here in North America.
It is a mixture of vegetables like bean sprouts, carrots and cabbage and meat like chicken, pork, ham and shrimp. Others use beef and lobster too. In this post, I have prepared the chicken version. You can substitute the chicken with other kinds of meat if you wish.
Check out the Egg Foo Young recipe and video below. Enjoy your meal!
- 3-4 Chicken Breast (diced)
- 1 Medium/Large Carrot (diced)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 3-4 stalks of Green Onions (cut into small pieces)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Wine
- 2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1 tbsp. Fried Garlic
- 1 cup Soybean Sprouts
- 1-2 Tbsp Flour
- 12 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch (dissolved in water)
- Marinate the chicken with soy sauce, coking wine, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add some flour and mix.
- Add and mix the ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the chicken mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the carrots, onions, green onions and mushrooms.
- Season with fried garlic, garlic salt and a bit of pepper.
- Add the bean sprouts and the eggs. Mix together.
- Mix the stir fried chicken. Add some soy sauce for flavor.
- Heat oil in a pan. Scoop the mixture and cook like an omelet.
- Boil water in a pan. Add the oyster sauce and hoisin sauce.
- Mix some cornstarch dissolved in water.
- Cook in a low fire and wait until the sauce thickens
- Add the sauce to the Egg Foo Young
For other Chicken Recipes, you can find them here or click the photo below.