This Banana Fritters recipe is the version which comes from the Visayas part of the Philippines, Northern Samar. It is what they call “Sinangdayan”. This is usually served during Christmas time. This has the perfect texture of crispy outside and chewy inside. Try this easy and yummy recipe.
Youtube channel: Made By Mom’s Hands
- 4 pieces over ripe bananas (approximately 1 1/2 cups mashed banana)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- cooking oil
- Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Mix the rice flour, glutinous rice flour and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the mashed banana.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Scoop the mixture using a spoon and drop one by one in a pan.
- Fry until golden fry.
- Drain using a paper towel.
- Serve while hot.