Crabs in Coconut Milk is one of my favorite seafood dishes paired with rice. I grew up following this seafood recipe. In fact, my mom told me she constantly craved for this dish while she was pregnant with me.
There are many different kinds of crabs but they all taste the same to me. I used snow crabs in the video. I usually buy it at the grocery store in bags which have already be pre-cooked. The one I used in the Pinterest picture are blue crabs which was bought raw. Either way, we cook it the same way.
This is very easy to make.
Watch the video and print the recipe below.
For more videos like this, visit and subscribe to Made By Mom’s Hands YouTube Channel.
- 6 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 thumb sized Ginger (diced)
- 5 stalks of Green Onions/Scallions
- 1 cup of diced Butternut Squash/Pumpkin
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Fish Sauce to taste
- Salt (pinch)
- Black Pepper (pinch)
- In a bowl, put coconut milk and green onions/scallions together. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the crabs.
- Then, add a bit of water to keep it moist. Cover.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the squash.
- Add the coconut milk and green pepper. Serve once the squash softens.
- Add fish sauce to enhance the flavor.